Contract Administrator oil & gas
|Posted:||04 March 2012|
Job Description Project Overview: Kuwait Oil Company (KOC) has awarded WorleyParsons a 5 year $US 300m contract for the supply of Programme Management services. The contract serves to support KOC to achieve its year 2020 objectives of reaching optimum capacity in its oilfields and enhancing its facilities by the most efficient and economical means available. The contract aims to provide project management, co-ordination, planning, design, engineering, construction management, contracting, procurement, project controls and other services for construction of new facilities, up-grading of existing facilities, and transfer of technology. It is a 5 year contract with the Kuwait Oil Company, who operates all of Kuwait||s upstream facilities. We had been given the responsibility for one area of Kuwait (likely to be two other contracts, looking after two other areas). Our scope of work will be FEED / PMC for all projects within our area. We will be working with a western office, which we will nominate. The western office will undertake 20% of the work and the Kuwait team the other 80%. Our expectations are that the Kuwait team will be 200+ strong. Projects executed within this 5 year timeframe will likely be USD4-5B. It will include small Brownfield mods, major Brownfield upgrades and some Greenfield projects. The opened positions are to be located in Kuwait. This is a great opportunity for career development, with exposure to a range of projects and international experience. Job Requirements Position Title Contracts Administrator (Oil & Gas) Position reports to: Lead Contracts Administrator Primary objective Administers all activities concerned with contracts for works and services carried out under various contract forms and modes of reimbursement associated with oil and gas facilities projects. Specific Accountabilities
- Performs pre award activities including bid invitation preparation, processing queries from bidders, preparation of bid evaluation programmes, evaluation of bids, negotiation, contract preparation and award formalities;
- Performs post award activities including conducting kick off meetings, coordinating all contract submittals and correspondence, preparation and processing of variation orders, claims and close out;
- Drafts Invitation to Tender packages for contracts for oil and gas projects. Review and, if necessary, proposes comments on and propose alternative text/clauses to client contract conditions;
- Reviews issues with legal, risk management, tax, and accounting personnel as a condition precedent to submitting to management for approval;
- Functions as a part of a negotiating team consisting of project management staff, to establish the terms and conditions of a contract;
- Administers assigned contracts to ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions. Keeps the Lead Contracts Administrator advised as to the scope, financial, and risk features of applicable contracts;
- Ensures documentation to negotiate change orders are properly produced and maintained;
- Prepares letters to clients requesting approvals and interpretations necessary to comply with the provisions of the contract;
- Produces project/facility acceptance documents and obtains necessary approval signatures;
- Furnishes business and financial information requested by the client concerning the project, as delegated by the Project Manager;
- Identifies contractual problems and takes appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory resolution. Follows up on those problems which demand management attention, to ensure timely response to the client; and
- Ensures all administration activities are carried out in compliance with Contract Quality standards.
- Degree holder (QS or Engineering Discipline);
- Chartered status (MRICS) or equivalent professional qualification is preferred but may be waived subject to experience;
- Sound knowledge of Contractual Terms & Conditions and Commercial Contract Law;
- Good understanding & extensive experience of procurement and contract administration processes and principles from preparation and issue of Bidders Lists, Contracting Plans and bid invitation package preparation through to award, administration and close out of Contracts;
- Strong grasp of procedural requirements & necessity of providing an Audit Trail for Management purposes; and
- Middle East/Arabian Gulf experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Must have minimum 10 years experience of which a minimum of 5 years must be experience in a contracts administration role in the oil and gas industry.