|Posted:||07 March 2012|
Our client, a leading multinational pharmaceutical company is urgently seeking a Database Administrator PURPOSE OF THE POSITION Designs, develops, administrates, maintains and implements the company's database, data-marts and warehouse (used by the COGNOS Business Intelligence software) according to the given policies and procedures. Implements data models, resolves database performance issues, constantly looks to improve database designs and other distributed data issues. Performs a variety of tasks, ranging from development to testing to implementation. Must understand the data management requirements of a growing company. Maximize the business potential from the initial investment in the SQL Server 2005 by fully utilizing all it’s required components and advantages over SQL Server 2000. Ensures that system capacity is regularly reviewed. Implements proper and secure backup procedures every month to safe-keep against data loss due to unforeseen events. Regularly review and updates the MENA Databases administration strategy. Communicates regularly with the local vendors and ensure that the business potential from system upgrades is understood and that the company’s MENA business needs are fully considered. The incumbent reports directly to the Business Systems Project Leader and overall to the BSP Director Jobholders’ Duties
- Develop Database, Data Marts and Data Warehouse using best database practices and SQL Server 2000 / 2005 features.
- Capable of developing new solutions to expand business intelligence potential (To vs. In cube & NSP updating for example).
- Format and Upload monthly data received from MENA distributors and other sources to these database, data-marts and warehouse for COGNOS BI software to publish up-to-date reports from.
- Be fluent with SQL language in order to troubleshoot data problems quickly as well as automate past and future procedures previously done manually (developing and finalizing SQL jobs for auto updating, for example).
- Manage database migration from SQL Server 2000 to 2005 version installed on new server effectively and efficiently.
- Replicate, develop and maintain local database of foreign third party applications in order to upload relevant data and distribute monthly reports locally developed by COGNOS (E-Travel System, for example).
- Work on projects with 3rd party systems suppliers/vendors within an agreed framework. Work done can be in terms of site design, testing software or websites as well as system administrator tasks.
- Creation of technical documents such as monthly data formatting and uploading procedures, database documentation and user help guides in accordance with Wyeth policy.
- Maintain back-up and security procedures for required databases as well as COGNOS distributor data files as defined by IT Manager/Corporate strategy.
- Ensure the delivery of systems initiatives & strategies with best possible quality before onset of deadlines.
- Administrate application access and security in accordance with defined procedures.
- Keep track of both current and emerging software, Database and Business Intelligence technologies and to be capable of learning and applying these technologies where appropriate.
- Maximize performance to ensure efficient Operation of all RDBMS within MENA organization.
- Proactive liaison with stakeholder departments within MENA organization.
- Maintain good rapport with local IT staff, MENA distributors (who send in monthly data) and local IT suppliers / vendors.
- Maintain compliance with corporate IT strategy in terms of official documentation of all processes and practices.
- Development of solutions for company's different data sources when needed in coordination with the Business Systems Leader.
- Organized in terms of planning/prioritization;
- Has attention to details;
- Values integrity and accuracy;
- Take pride in the quality of work;
- Good team player but able to work on own;
- Self motivated;
- Behaviorally flexible;
- Excellent in communication skills;
- Degree in Database Administration (Certified Microsoft Technology Specialist in SQL Server 2005)
- Excellent SQL programming experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiar with standard database concepts, practices, and procedures
- 2 years commercial experience in Data Warehousing + ETL Tools