Qataris currently one the fastest growing markets in the World economy and with the IMF predicting large growth it is easy to see why market confidence is so high inQatar. With an economy based on high Oil & Gas revenues and a solid investment policy from the Government, the Qatari economy has continued to grow [...]
|Posted:||31 May 2012|
INSTRUMENT ENGINEER LOCATION: TURKMENISTAN PACKAGE: Negotiable, Rotation of 35 days on and 35 days Off OVERVIEW: Our client is currently seeking an instrument engineer on a rotational basis in Turkmenistan ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- A University degree Electrical / Instrumentation & Control Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in design, specification, installation, quality assurance commissioning, maintenance of large Oil & Gas Onshore & offshore projects and Plants of which 7 years in Oil & Gas industry (with emphasis to Instrumentation & Control Systems / Electrical power distribution up to 35kV
- Must be familiar with all types of transformers, Diesel generators, gas turbines, VFD systems, LV & MV Switchgears, UPS Systems, Heat tracing Systems, Cathodic Protection Systems, motors, substation automation systems etc. for Petro-chemical/Oil & Gas industries
- Must be familiar with field and control room instrumentation, DCS & PLC control system, Metering skids, field instrumentation, SCADA/ telemetry, tele-communication systems etc. used in Oil & Gas industries
- Proficiency to operate computer aided design in Electrical / Instrumentation systems desirable
- Knowledge of relevant industry and international standards applicable to the oil & gas industries (API, ANSI, NEMA, NFPA, NEC/IEC, etc.) required
- Develop company standards and engineering documentation for Electrical / Instrumentation Systems.
- Provides technical support to the Projects Department for all Electrical / Instrumentation aspects of new plant design, commissioning, operability and maintainability.
- Develop tender package which includes Scope of Work, specification, data sheets and other engineering documents for new projects. Carryout studies and calculations to support the basic design phase and tender document preparation. Participate in site surveys of existing facilities to establish and identify project requirements.
- Provide support in technical evaluation of bids and selection of vendor/ consultant/ contractor.
- Provide feedback to ensure lessons learnt from operating similar equipment are captured and taken care in forthcoming projects. Extensive knowledge required in plant operations with significant experience in problem solving in field related issues.
- Responsible for the design review and approval of design documents during various stages of project execution. Participate in HAZOP, HAZID and SIL sessions for new projects and provide inputs for P&ID, PFD, Cause & Effect Charts, Control Philosophy, operation, shutdown, maintenance procedures etc. as necessary.
- Lead / participate in all electrical / instrumentation related activities to support pre-commissioning and start-up activities. Shall be capable of starting up new electrical / instrumentation equipment and “fine-tuning” them at site.
- Provide inputs for Quality inspection and Quality control of projects to ensure that works are carried out in accordance with company standards and tender requirements.
- Provide support to operation and maintenance departments for preventative, predictive and breakdown maintenance related to the discipline.
- Provides technical support to the Operations Department for all discipline related (Electrical / Instrumentation) aspects of existing plant operability and maintainability.
- Professional membership of a relevant recognized international institute / association is desirable