Lead Pressure Vessel Design Engineer
|Posted:||22 November 2011|
Our client an engineering and contracting group providing a broad range of products and services to the oil, gas and energy sector is looking for a Lead Pressure Vessel Design Engineer.
POSITION : LEAD PRESSURE VESSEL DESIGN ENGINEER
Department : Engineering
Reporting To : Engineering Manager
Lead a team of Engineers, designers and draftsmen in design, construction engineering, estimation and developmental work in Design and detail engineering of Pressure vessels, Columns and Storage tanks.
This includes Design / detail Engineering as well as Construction Engineering in accordance with the procedures established and to meet the project schedule, with optimum resource utilization.
Co-ordination with other disciplines and user departments / Clients.
Responsible for Estimation works related to MIS Bids for the Pressure Vessel discipline.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- It is the responsibility of each individual to familiarize himself with all safety rules & regulations, attend required safety trainings & to participate in the required safety programs (STOP, ASA, Risk Assessment etc.).
- Review of mechanical design calculations, Fabrication drawings and Job package for Pressure vessels, Columns and Storage tanks in accordance with Design Code, Client datasheet and Specifications.
- Preparation / Review of Material Take off, Material specifications and Purchase requisitions.
- Technical review of vendor quotations in compliance with project requirements.
- Preparation / Review of Techno-Commercial bid estimation including MTO, RFQ, Evaluation of vendor quotations etc.
- Co-ordination with inter-discipline departments, clients / consultants and inspection agencies.
- As the discipline head, the Lead Engineer is responsible for the following administrative functions
- Distribution of assignments to Engineers and draftsmen, planning, monitoring and controlling the quality and schedule of outputs
- Preparation of the list of Engineering deliverables
- Allocation of engineering manhours and budget control
- Resource allocation and manpower planning
- Time keeping, Leave plan, OT authorization
QUALIFICATIONS & YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 12 to 18 years in Engineering industry with hands on experience in preparation of Design calculations, Drawing review & Estimation.
- Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Exposure to FEM software
- Knowledge of International Engineering practices
- Safety / QA training / Certifications
- Well versed with Pressure Vessel Design softwares like Codecac, PVElite, Compress, etc.
- Sound Knowledge of International Codes on Pressure Vessel Design like ASME Sec.VIII Div,1 / Div.2, PD5500, TEMA, API 650 etc.
- Good knowledge of ASME and BS Materials.
- Leadership quality with good inter-personal skills.
- Physically fit, able to travel and work overtime when required, flexible attitude, be a team player.
- Exposure to analysis software like FEM.
- Hydrotest / Lifting analysis for Columns etc.
- Exposure to International Clients / Consultants, Engineering Standards and specifications like Saudi Aramco, Shell, DEP etc.
Applicant may send CV’s to Jiju Sreedhar at Jiju.Sreedhar@oilexec.com