Note that this is a Contractual role (6-12months)Our client one of the top ranked Business Schools globally are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Finance Officer for 6 – 12 months. You will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller and Middle East Centre DirectorOVERALL PURPOSE Working as a member of the Finance team [...]
Manager / Senior Manager – Financial Accounting Advisory Services
|Advertiser:||Ernst & Young|
|Posted:||28 October 2014|
Within EY||s Assurance service line, Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) professionals provide advisory services to a wide range of clients covering a very broad spectrum of services. We currently have a career opportunity for Manager / Senior Manager Financial Accounting Advisory Services based in Jeddah office with deep knowledge of one or more of the following competencies:
- Corporate Treasury
- Accounting and financial policies and procedures manual
- Financial Statement Close Process (FSCP)
- Consolidations support
- Financial Reporting Design/Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reporting
- Transaction accounting support/Purchase Price Allocations
- Accounting processes support
- Finance function transformation
- Be responsible for participating and/or managing FAAS engagements.
- Collaborate with the partner, senior manager and client to determine a FAAS strategy that appropriately addresses risk and manages client expectations relating to deliverables.
- Participate and/or manage FAAS engagements.
- Ensure that the FAAS engagement team understands the client||s needs and expectations and that the work product is client-focused, clear, accurate and well-presented.
- Ensure work is delivered timely and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Deliver effective execution of the FAAS service delivery framework.
- Work with other service lines in providing an integrated service delivery.
- Monitor the FAAS engagement team||s performance against the budget, and alter if necessary.
- Identify and communicate relevant trends, developments and key performance drivers relevant to the client.
- Consult with appropriate resources on complex accounting issues.
- Participate in sales of new FAAS work.
- A bachelor||s degree and approximately 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience
- An undergraduate or master||s degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major
- At least 4 years of experience working as an auditor for a public accounting firm and particular business/industry experience to meet special needs
- Strong advisory (selling) mindset
- CPA/CA/ACCA certification
- Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
- Deep understanding of the client||s industry and marketplace
- Strong management skills to lead teams, delegate appropriately, mentor, review performance and counsel employees
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills. Fluency in Arabic is required;
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary