Note that this is a Contractual role (6-12months)Our client one of the top ranked Business Schools globally are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Finance Officer for 6 – 12 months. You will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller and Middle East Centre DirectorOVERALL PURPOSE Working as a member of the Finance team [...]
Senior Finance Officer
|Posted:||20 November 2013|
Our client one of the top ranked Business Schools globally are currently seeking to recruit a Senior Finance Officer. You will be reporting directly to the Financial Controller and Middle East Centre Director OVERALL PURPOSE: Working as a member of the Finance team in the Middle East Centre, undertaking a variety of duties with the main focus of ensuring the timely and accurate raising of invoices, coordinating the collection of debt and its allocation against the sales ledger, managing the purchase to pay cycle and the preparation of managing information as determined by the Financial Controller. The role includes the line management of one member of accounts staff. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES Client Service & Policy Development
- Production of monthly and year end accounts packs including any information required as part of the year end audit
- Review of Centre income and expenditure, comparing actual to budget figures
- To deal with a wide variety of enquiries from students, staff and other customers in a professional manner
- Provision of support to the Financial Controller as required and Centre Director and dealing with general finance queries.
- Resolving queries that may arise with regards to finance via liaison with central finance, external suppliers and customers
- Invoicing students to a defined and specified timetable
- Ensuring cash received from students is posted on time to the correct account
- Carrying out the credit control process, ensuring students pay to specified deadlines
- Coding and posting of supplier invoices
- Arranging and processing supplier payments
- Compiling and posting cash books
- Reconciliation of bank account and petty cash account
- Banking of cash/cheques
- Responsibility for petty cash
- The control of fixed assets and production depreciation calculation
- Assisting in the production of budgets and forecasts
- Any other reasonable duties as requested
- To ensure that the monthly and year end accounts packs are produced in a timely and efficient manner
- To plan and organise their own and their staff members’ workload to ensure an efficient and effective service is provided to the school and liaison with the Financial Controller and Centre Director with regard to priorities.
- Some general administration duties
- Ensure and coordinating the accuracy during processing to reduce queries and possible corrections
- Ensure documents are processed on a timely basis to ensure accuracy of the monthly management accounts
- Ensure all Centre transactions are in accordance with the organizations financial policies and procedures
- Liaison with external suppliers and students resolving issues and problems that arise
- To ensure a high level of customer-focused finance services to all staff, students and other stakeholders
- Liaison with the organisations Financial Controller and Centre Director and his/her appointed representative in review of actual expenditure compared to budget
- Liaise with the organisations Finance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Present a professional image at all times
- To undertake such other duties as may be determined by the Financial Controller and the Centre Director
- Occasionally work out of hours
- To have a expert working knowledge of double entry bookkeeping
- Have four years previous experience of working in an accounting environment.
- Possess strong computer skills and be proficient in the use of computerised accounting systems and spreadsheets (excel)
- To be a credible line manager to an experienced member of staff and work well as part of a teams based in the UK and Dubai.
- Be able to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and verbal, and be able to communicate with staff at all levels of seniority.
- Demonstrate initiative and self/team motivation.
- Have the ability to manage and prioritise different workloads on behalf of self and team and meet any necessary deadlines.
- To have experience within the Higher Education sector.
- Ideally part CCAB qualified