Senior Reservoir Engineer for an Expat role in Doha with practical field development skills. US or UK experience is preferred. As we know the Persian Gulf is very similar to the North Sea. Offshore experience would be very helpful. It is important that this Senior RE has done the work and has implemented.
The duration of this assignment will be for 3 years living in the compound in Doha.
Seeking approximately 15 years experience. This RE will be delivering the normal, day to day work while mentoring and training the less experienced staff.
From a development perspective this individual could see an upward promotion or could go into a leadership/management role in the future. Key things about the opportunity would be that 2 teams of RE Management are producing 120K BOE (60K BOE per day).
They are responsible for the beginning stages of a large development plan. This will report into a RMT Leader. RMT Leaders The management style there could be described as very open and integrated.
Masters Degree is preferred while having worked with industry related software such as DSS, OSM, MBAL, Prosper, GAP. This person also needs to be familiar with simulation. One must be able to explain and have strong presentation/communication skills. Multi-disciplined reviews are done on a on-going basis.
Challenges of the role will be to find the data and to understand how new things work. Since this is so integrated…everything effects and impacts something else.
- Bonus Target 25% with a max of 50%
- Area Allowance 35% (tax protected)
- Plus the rest of the standard expat package
- Shipment of a 20ft container plus a small air shipment and 1 excess bag per person
- Tax preparation handled by Deloitte if a US citizen
- Schooling – 15K per child for private schooling or reimbursed for home schooling fees
- Will be on monthly payroll
- New hires will receive 22 days of vacation per year plus 1 travel day each way
Essential Job Duties:
As a Reservoir Engineer you will be part of an integrated team of geoscientists, engineers, and technicians striving to maximize economic recovery from various offshore reservoirs. You will find that Qatar offshore operations , providing the right candidate with experiences only available Using state of the art tools, Reservoir Engineers characterize reservoir properties, assess development options, and orchestrate the implementation of reservoir management plans. If your interests lie in driving large development programs, reservoir surveillance, numerical simulation, or some combination of these activities .
- BS degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years of Reservoir Engineering experience within the oil industry
- Proven success identifying and executing value-added projects
- Ability to conduct production surveillance activities using DSS, OFM, Spotfire, etc.
- Knowledge of reservoir engineering concepts related to: simulation modeling petrophysical evaluation, core description, and fluid properties
- Knowledge of reserve evaluation techniques and SEC reporting requirements
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrated creative and collaborative approach to problem solving
- Good business acumen
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- High proficiency in required technical and economic software packages (GAP/MBAL/PROSPER, PEEP) or industry equivalent software programs/packages
- Working knowledge of 3D geologic models (Petrel, etc.) as input to simulation
- Broad familiarity with field operations and well-site supervision
- International experience dealing with host country technical authorities
If you are interested in joining a fast-paced action-oriented team, please submit your resume for this position
(Huxley Associates Global Limited acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business)